Following the latest government announcement, we will continue our summer season at reduced capacity, socially distanced, until August. Beyond that we will begin to gently increase the capacity of the auditorium.
Enquiries and bookings can still be made by phone Tuesday to Friday 3:30pm to 6:30pm. Only one member of our team will work in the box office so please bear with them when it gets busy. Online information and booking, now on our wonderful website and booking system, is open 24 hours a day.
We’ll be contacting ticket holders who booked in a full capacity events prior to the 19th July with their new seating allocation. Please bear with us as we update our seating plans and allocations.
As with our initial reopening plan, the studio theatre and main auditorium performances are reduced capacity, socially distanced. With some sensitivity to those who may not yet be comfortable with a non-socially distanced auditorium, we will endeavour where possible to provide at least one performance of each show with a limited audience and distanced seating. Only patrons with a positive Covid-19 test result (or self isolation instruction from NHS) from within 14 days prior to their booked performance may apply for credit against their unused ticket.
Some COVID safe measures will remain in place a while longer:
- We now have contactless ticketing. All tickets are now “Print at home” so entrance is via a barcode sent via email rather than a torn paper ticket. Staff will have scanners that will check at entrance. Ideally just bring a phone or tablet that can display the email barcode. This helps with Covid safety plus reduces our collective use of paper and so protects the environment. If a screen’s not possible you can print from the PC where you received the email and bring in the A4 paper. We have recycle points front of house where you can drop the paper on your way out.
- Our Box Office and Bar have wonderful new clear screens to protect you and our team.
- We’ll provide hand sanitiser and the theatre will be cleaned throughout the day to keep all surfaces safe.
- Contactless payment available at all sales points to avoid the need to handle cash.
- We encourage audiences to wear a face covering inside the building.
- Our staff will continue to weak face coverings inside the building.
- Where possible we ask that people maintain social distancing.
Many customers have already been in touch to donate tickets to postponed performances to the theatre. We hope many more will do the same by simply leaving the ticket unused. Others have made additional donations through our website and these are received with an overwhelming gratitude and thanks. We are, like theatres worldwide, in a continuing battle for our future. We believe that future will be great. But the support we’ve seen so far needs to grow if we are to remain a home to the diverse and inspiring theatre we love. Please think about and choose to join us by becoming a Friend of the Theatre. We are also still, for a short time, offering the very special opportunity to inscribe a clay tablet that will join others inscribed by supporters over the last fifty years.
We are all extremely excited to be re-opening this wonderful theatre.
From all at Greenwich Theatre