Our Box Office on Crooms Hill will reopen for in-person and phone bookings on 2nd December.
Enquiries and bookings can be made Tuesday to Saturday 2pm to 6pm. It will stay open till 10 minutes after curtain up time when there’s a performance scheduled. Only one member of our team will work in the box office so please bear with them when it gets busy. Online information and booking, now on our wonderful new website and booking system, is open 24 hours a day.
Our studio theatre and main auditorium will re-open in December for socially distanced performances. We’ll send more details to ticket holders before each show as the we’re constantly updating our procedures but here are some of the new changes:
- We now have contactless ticketing. All tickets are now “Print at home” so entrance is via a barcode sent via email rather than a torn paper ticket. Staff will have scanners that will check at entrance. Ideally just bring a phone or tablet that can display the email barcode. This helps with Covid safety plus reduces our collective use of paper and so protects the environment. If a screen’s not possible you can print from the PC where you received the email and bring in the A4 paper. We have recycle points front of house where you can drop the paper on your way out.
- Our Box Office and Bar have wonderful new clear screens to protect you and our team.
- We’ll provide hand sanitiser and the theatre will be cleaned throughout the day to keep all surfaces safe.
- Contactless payment available at all sales points to avoid the need to handle cash.
- We will require audience and staff to wear a face covering at all times when inside the building unless you have contacted us in advance to tell us you are exempt.
- After buying drink (Alcohol sales may be restricted but we’re offering soft drinks and a range of hot beverages) from our bar please take your seat and remove your mask only while consuming drinks and food bought from us.
- Toilets will be open but limited to one household or group at a time.
You’ll find space markers on the floor as well as other guidance, so please be vigilant and follow the instructions. Our staff team are there to help and enforce the safety guidelines so please don’t be offended if we need to remind you about the new rules.
Many customers have already been in touch to donate tickets to postponed performances to the theatre. We hope many more will do the same by simply leaving the ticket unused. Others have made additional donations through our website and these are received with an overwhelming gratitude and thanks. We are, like theatres worldwide, in a real battle for our future. We believe that future can be great, important and soon to start. But the support we’ve seen so far needs to grow if we are to remain a home to the diverse and inspiring theatre we love. Please think about and choose to join us by becoming a Friend of the Theatre. We are also still, for a short time, offering the very special opportunity to inscribe a clay tablet that will join others inscribed by supporters over the last fifty years.
We look forward to seeing you soon
From all at Greenwich Theatre