All our ushers are volunteers and they are key members of the FOH team, staffing the public areas of the building during events and productions. They are the ambassadors of the theatre. They perform various duties, but most importantly they ensure a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our audience members.
We are looking for people with a pleasant manner, enthusiasm, a willingness to follow instruction and plenty of commitment. The role requires ushers to work ad hoc shifts; a mix of evenings, weekends and weekday morning/matinees depending on the run. We need our ushers to commit to at least two shifts per calendar month and you are free to choose your own shifts. Here at Greenwich Theatre, we will provide front of house training and ongoing support.
If you would like to become more involved with Greenwich Theatre, we can offer you the following:
- The chance to see fun, innovative and exciting theatre
- A new experience for anyone looking to work in the arts or broaden their employment experience
- The chance to gain inside knowledge of a working theatre
- The opportunity to develop new skills
- The opportunity to be part of your community
- A new social opportunity – a good chance to meet interesting people and make new friends
- This is an ongoing opportunity for volunteers interested in being a part of a local community theatre.
To register please download the PDF documents below:
Please return by post or in person to Greenwich Theatre, Crooms Hill, Greenwich SE10 8ES or scan to to firstname.lastname@example.org