We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of our patrons and, in turn, provide you with relevant and timely information about the work that we do and aspire to achieve in the future. The purpose of this policy is to outline in a clear and unambiguous way how we, Greenwich Theatre, collect information from you, how it is used and how we protect it. We use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. If you have any queries about this policy, or any extra information you feel this policy does not cover, please contact: email@example.com
We collect various types of information and in a number of ways:
• INFORMATION YOU GIVE US For example when you register on our website, buy tickets or make a donation, we’ll collect personal information you give us such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number(s) and card details. We will also have access to a record of your purchases and donations.
• INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR INTERACTION WITH US For example, when you visit our website, we collect information about how you interact with our content and adverts. When we send you a mailing list we store a record of this, and in the case of emails we keep a record of which ones you have opened with us and which links you have clicked on.
• INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES We will not share any details with any other third parties without your agreement, unless required by law.
• SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect this information about our patrons unless there is a clear reason for doing so. As an example, we may ask for information that relates to health issues or a disability so that we can offer you the most accessible seat and at any discounts you may be eligible for (for example, a discounted carer’s ticket to a wheelchair user’s companion) and we may store this on your account as an attribute so that you are not frequently asked (e.g. “Wheelchair User”).
There are three main bases under which we may process your data:
• CONTRACT PURPOSES When you make a booking with us or make a donation to us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract and to offer you the best possible customer service we need to process and store your data. For example, we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of a show cancellation or alteration. You can choose to share with us as much or as little data as you feel suitable for this purpose. You can request that we do not collect this data at the time of the booking, however, this will prevent us being able to update/amend any tickets and we will not be able to search for and replace your booking should you lose your tickets.
• LEGITIMATE BUSINESS INTERESTS In certain situations, we collect and process your personal information that are in our legitimate organisational interests. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing. • CONSENT For any situations where the two above bases are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
We use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by post and email. We aim to communicate with you about the work that we do in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful. To do this we use data that we have stored about you; whilst we do like to occasionally send out generic updates about the venue and new seasons, we aim to send out content and offers that are tailored to your interests based on what events you have booked for in the past, as well as any preferences you may have expressively told us about.
When you first supply personal information during a transaction with us you will have the option to agree to, or decline, our use of this information for marketing purposes. Should you wish to no longer hear from us in any of these ways you can unsubscribe from our mailings by following the link at the bottom of all our email communications. You can also log in to your account and change your preferences yourself, or alternatively you can use the contact details at the end of this policy.
OTHER PROCESSING ACTIVITIES
In addition to marketing communications, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
• We may analyse data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant as possible.
• We may analyse data we hold about you to identify and prevent fraud.
• To improve our website, we may analyse information about how you use it and the content and ads that you interact with.
Only Greenwich Theatre employees and approved contractors or system developers (whom we may appoint from time to time and would need the information to perform a specific job), are granted access to personally identifiable information.
We will not share any details with any other third parties without your agreement, save for the following situations:
• To our own service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for example, our ticketing system Spektrix).
In these cases, we require that these third parties comply with our instructions and with data protection laws, for example around security of personal data.
• If you have purchased “Meet and Greet / Workshop” tickets for a specific event, we may need to pass on details of your booking, such as your name and contact number in case of absence, to the event organiser. It is assumed that by booking for an event of this type, you would be happy to have your name featured on the guest list. Where possible, Greenwich Theatre will always strive to be in control of the guest list, in order to minimise the passing along of information.
• Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies.)
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text documents that are stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website.
They enable an enhanced experience for you by storing things such as your user details or preferences. The benefit for us is that they track your use of our site so we can analyse trends and improve our service. The cookies we use do not store any personal information about you. Our website can only see cookies that it has created, not those issued from any other website.
You can decide whether or not to allow cookies to be used on your computer and this should be done through your browser settings. However, you should be aware that if you choose not to permit cookies to be used on your computer, this website may not function correctly and it can affect your visit experience.
How can I find out more about cookies?
Further information on cookies and how they can be turned off for particular web browsers can be found at www.aboutcookies.org
Our secure server software (SSL) is the industry standard for secure commerce transactions. All personal information, including credit or debit card number, name and address are encrypted using 128-bit security so that all transmissions over the Internet between your browser and our server cannot be read by anyone unauthorised. A secure website will display a distinctive icon in the frame of your browsers window – the icon and exact position will be different for each type of browser.
YOUR DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
If you use your credit or debit card to purchase from us or to make a donation, we will ensure that this is carried out securely and in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS).
When booking, all card data (online or via box office) is instantly encrypted as the transaction is completed and this data is only stored offsite. All credit card sales are carried out in compliance with PCI-DSS and in a way where no one is able to recall your full card number. We never store your 3- or 4-digit security code.
When booking through a member of our theatre staff, by phone or at the counter, we will not actively offer to store the details of the card you are booking with.
MAINTAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We store your personal information indefinitely so that for any subsequent purchases you make we are able to link them back to a single unique record that we hold for you on our system. If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to remove, you can do this by logging into your account through our website. Alternatively, please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will put into practice appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same. We will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area. Any printed materials that may contain your data, for example a guest list or uncollected ticket, will be shredded and disposed of carefully. YOUR
RIGHT TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in this data corrected or updated. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right. Are you under 18? If you are under 18, please ensure that you obtain your parent/guardian’s consent beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. If you don’t have that consent, you must not provide personal information to us.
CONTACT DETAILS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Greenwich Theatre, Crooms Hill, London, SE10 8ES
Policy creation date: April 10th 2019